Summer Reading Program 2016
If you are entering grades 6-12, you will want to check out the 2016 Summer Reading Game.
Set your goal, but read a minimum of 2 hours a week. Register and report the hours for your first week online or in the library beginning June 20. Then all you have to do is come into the library or submit a form each week online with the number of hours you have read. Report your vacation weeks when you return or online while you are away.
You get a coupon for each week you report. The coupon puts your name into the prize drawing at the end of the program, and you could win either a $50 or $100 gift card. We will complete your coupon and place it in the drawing box when you report online.
This year the program is 8 weeks: June 20th to August 13th. Pick up the weekly prize when you come into the library to report. If you participate in all 8 weeks, you will receive a Color Changing Sports Bottle. Middle school students who complete all 8 weeks are also invited to Mayor Boughton's Summer Reading Celebration on August 18.
But this is not where the fun ends! You can also "Get in the Game" by attending some of the programs that are being held just for Middle and High School students.
- May 14: Teen Volunteer Orientation from 11 am to 1 pm for Teen Council members. Information and application forms are available on the this webpage.
- June 20: Kick off party on the plaza with help of teen volunteers.
- July 16: WiiU Super Smash Bros. Tournament 10:30 am to 1:30 pm in the Program Room. Please sign-up asap.
- July 27: Sign-up to play the library version of "Minute to Win It" in the Program Room from 2 to 4..
- Aug. 3: Watch the movie "The Adventures of Pluto Nash" 2-4 in the Program Room. No sign-up is required, but under 13 need parent permission
Summer Reading Lists
Grade 6 • Grade 7 • Grade 8
AP Lit • English II • English 3 College Prep & Honors • English 9R