from High School to College
Saturday, July 26
10:15 - 12:45 pm
Many college students drop out within the first two years of their degrees because they are not prepared to tackle the academic requirements, adjust to different teaching styles or make good decisions about other basics of college life. This workshop will cover key areas which students and researches have identified as important for success in college.
Topics to be covered include:
• Seeking help on academic requirements and
• Time Management, attendance, punctuality dealing with stress
• Listening, verbal, writing and other important skills
• Dealing with intercultural diversity in college
• Importance of the Course Syllabus
• Studying, Assignments and Plagiarism
• Roommates, making new and keeping old friends
• Securing internships, joining activities and working
Registration required. Register online, call 203-797-4527 or stop by the Ask Me Desk.